Friday 17 August 2012

Coopers: Celebration Ale - Review

I've always been a mediocre fan of Coopers beers. I don't dislike the brews at all but on the other hand I've never been bowled over by one either. If I'm ever short of time and in a hurry and feel the need to pick up a 6pack on the way home for example, I'd be happy to walk out with some Sparkling Ale - an affordable heavy I'm sure you'll agree.

I'm happy to state that the annual releases of Extra Strong Vintage Ale are quite nice drops too.

Back in March, I found out that Coopers were to release a Celebration Ale in May 2012 - a beer to commemerate 150 years since former shoemaker, Thomas Cooper, produced his first commercial beer. I waited patiently for a few months praying that the beer wouldn't taste like shoes from 150 years ago.

Towards the back end of May, I grabbed myself a 6pack from Dan Murphy's at Kippa Ring.



The Review:

 
2.5 stars for this 5.2% effort. Not too fussed with it if I'm blatantly honest. I couldn't help feeling that it was missing something. I was expecting more.

As soon as it poured with little head, I had a feeling I'd be disappointed.

Brewed with three different hop varieties – Centennial (USA), Nelson Sauvin (NZ) and Pride of Ringwood (Australia), I was expecting a heck of a lot more taste.

Try it because you've got to right? 150 years to celebrate! Alas, I won't fight you for the last bottle on the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment