Monday 2 July 2012

Green Beacon Brewing Co.


Fellow BPA beer club member, KT, recently brought to my attention a new Brisbane-based (Helen Street, Tenerife to be precise) brewery called Green Beacon Brewing Co. He read about it online.

This is great news for the beer appreciators of Brisbane and Queensland as a whole. In my (somewhat beer lovingly biased) opinion Queensland needs more of these ventures. I believe that there is now a firm breed of beer-heads like myself in Brisbane - core support - that will assist Adrian and Marc by getting Green Beacon through its first few tough months by purchasing their brews - if it's nice of course! If they serve up fizzy orange-coloured water similar to another Brisbane brewery that shall remain nameless then we're in trouble!

They will no doubt have the added support of popular craft beer haunts in Brisbane namely The Scratch in Milton and Archive in West End.

I note that the fellas are throwing a taste of England into their brews. As a Pom that hails from south-east London (pronounced by the locals there as 'sarfeast Lundun) this is very interesting and somewhat appealing. My eagerness to try it gained momentum at that point.

It's a beer lovers dream to be able to step up from home-brewing to opening up a brewery but I can't imagine it's a cheap thing to do and I'm presuming there are quite few legal hoops to be jumped through (liquor license etc). I wish them all the luck in the world. I truly hope they succeed. If they can replicate the achievements of other craft breweries in Queensland such as Burleigh and Sunshine Coast then we're in for a real treat.

There's no news on an opening date yet but, rest assured, I'll be reviewing Green Beacon's brews on this blog as soon as they're available.

www.greenbeacon.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment